Friday, October 11, 2013

Odd thought or the (Fri)day (Random Ten)

Is it possible to think like a spider? Do spiders have thoughts that are compatible with human consciousness?  Or do they mostly just count their leg joints?  The questions just popped into my head unbidden.  I need to sleep.  I'm going to put them off until it's light out again.

1. Yo La Tengo - Beanbag Chair
2. R.E.M. - Perfect Circle
3. Gogol Bordello - Think Locally, Fuck Globally
4. The Bird and the Bee - Ray Gun
5. Roxy Music - Angel Eyes
6, Love - A House Is Not a Hotel
7. Morphine - Cure for Pain
8. Metric (featuring Lou Reed) - Wanderlust
9. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Highway Chile
10. Dinah Washington - For All We Know

2 comments:

susan said...

I think you wouldn't be asking that question if spiders were a similar size to us.

Interesting FR10 with the juxtaposition of REM and Gogol Bordello near the beginning. Nice and smooth finish with Dinah Washington.

Ben said...

Perhaps not, but I did have sort of a point. Any time of day or night, awake or asleep, I can think of what it's like to be, say, a wolf or a bird, and that's cool. Something like a spider? That takes mental energy to think through and pull yourself out if it gets too weird.

I see what you mean by juxtaposition. Glad you liked the finish too.