Saturday, May 24, 2014

Meteorological Saturday Random Ten

I was waiting for the bus tonight and a guy comes along* and asks, "Why's it gotta rain?"  Which it was doing.  There are, of course, answers to that question, good ones.  Maybe not answers he was in the mood to hear.  Anyway, his girl came along and hopefully distracted him from dissatisfactions with the local weather pattern.
* Apologies for the sudden change in tense.  Sounded right.

1. Dirty Projectors - Remade Horizon
2. Beck - Morning
3. The Bird and the Bee - Ray Gun
4. Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Hey Hey My My (Into the Black)
5. Nancy Wilson & Cannonball Adderley - Happy Talk
6. Neko Case - Maybe Sparrow
7. Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Watch Your Step
8. The Beastie Boys - Tripple Trouble
9. Reading Rainbow - I See Light
10. Mose Allison - Fool's Paradise

2 comments:

susan said...

Sounds as if you've been having as much rain there this spring as we've had. Maybe the guy had been out in it too long.

I hadn't heard of the Dirty Projectors before, but there are some artists much more familiar to me as well as their songs. All in all, nice SR10.

Ben said...

Oh, there are definitely times when it can get to you. For me a big part of it depends on whether I'm wearing appropriate footwear when it rains. Tongiht I got caught out in a rainstorm wearing flimsy sneakers, which I regretted.

The Dirty Projectors are an interesting band. More people have probably heard of them than actually heard them.