Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Furry story

While I was walking to the market tonight, a car drove by. In the beam of the headlights, I saw this little ball of lightning scramble out of the way, past the sidewalk, into a driveway. It was a cat, of course.

If the owner of the cat had seen it in the street, they might have been upset. This assumes someone attentive taking care of the cat, but the cat was pretty well groomed, so this isn't an outrageous assumption. But there was something beautiful about the way the little guy(?) perked up and ensured his survival. When it was over, I had to stand and applaud.

2 comments:

susan said...

God made cats so we could envision how fine it would feel to stroke a tiger. At least I like to think so.

I can see you applauding.

Ben said...

Not quite pocket-size tigers, but little enough to have a comfy home in your yard.

The last part I take as a compliment, so thank you.