Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Over matter

Some say that your mental and/or emotional state can affect your physical health and wellbeing. Those some are almost certainly right. 

The past couple of days I've been having some very noticeable lower back pain. It occurred to me that maybe there was something psychosomatic, that stress might be a factor. And today I resolved something that had been stressing me. My back feels something-something percent better. So it looks like there is a connection.

2 comments:

susan said...

It only makes sense stress can, and often does, cause physical symptoms - it's probably a reflex. With sudden onset stress, the muscles tense up all at once, and then release their tension when the stress passes. I'm glad your back pain eased up so quickly.

Ben said...

Reflex is probably right. For some reflexes the stimulus is obvious so the response is no surprise. Other times things are more subtle and internal, but the effects can be just as real. Was a relief when the pain started to clear up.