Monday, February 27, 2023

Onetime offer

This is one for the books.

This evening I called a number. As soon as anyone picked up, she started talking about the "Medical Alert" system.  Apparently I had been approved for a free Medical Alert button. So they passed me from operator to operator in order to get this thing. All used the same exact words as well. Nothing suspicious about that.

What's strange is that I had the wrong number. But it was a wrong number that I found on Google, so it was kind of official. Anyway, no sale was made.

2 comments:

susan said...

I have to ask were these people or were you shunted from one message machine to another? It's weird either way whether it's people reading from a script or a robot. Just as well you got away without being convinced to buy a medic alert system - whatever that is.. I've fallen and I can't get up!

Hope you got the right number next time you tried.

Ben said...

Oh, it was people I was talking to. The script was so tight that you might have had doubts about that, but they were flesh and blood. I'm not sure what the game was exactly and I'm not calling back to find out. They said I qualified for a free medical alert button, so maybe I'd have had to buy something else.

I've called the number I was looking for a couple of times now. I have it written down.