Monday, January 8, 2018

Sno cones

Tonight at the bus stop in front of Starbucks I saw three drinks left behind. One was a shake from the nearby Ben & Jerrys, another was a frozen coffee drink from Starbucks itself, while a third was just a coke. Two of them were near full. Maybe three different people had left them behind when their bus came, although drivers usually aren't so strict about drinks if you have the lid.  Anyway, the fact that the drinks were sitting out there counted as littering, so I opted to clean up. Before throwing out the containers I dumped out the contents into a snowbank next to the trash can. The coke left this big brown stain in the snow, which I expect could get some disgusting interpretations.

2 comments:

susan said...

Boy, wasteful and thoughtless littering at the same time, eh? It's good of you to be tidying up what gets left behind but that's not always possible either. I imagine it won't be long before some fresh snow shows up to cover the nasty stain. It's that time of the year, after all.

Ben said...

There are times when I think that humanity is hardwired to commit suicide via its environment. Well, that's heavy. I try to make things a little better where I can, anyway. Indeed, another layer of snow did fall not too much later.Then there was a huge thaw, leaving only a few isolated patches. Tonight we got more snow, but certainly not enough to build up the mountains again.