Friday, October 6, 2017

Articulation

So I'm trying to learn more about body language. I figure there must be a lot I miss, that I could pick up from other people but don't, and messages I don't know I'm sending out. Reading is a big part of my lesson plan, of course. The first book I read gave some tips had kind of a different focus from what I was looking for. Plus there was a lot of repetition about how women are just better at it. Not helpful. I'm not going to just suddenly become female. That's a whole job in itself.

2 comments:

susan said...

How to interpret body language and learning how to communicate better using it must be pretty tricky things to describe in writing. Have you checked out any of the material directed at Aspies? This guy seems to have some interesting views.

You're right that changing sex would add whole new worlds of confusion.

Ben said...

It's learnable in writing if the author gives you practical steps you can follow. Steps other than, say, sending in a couple of grand to take their course or something. The Aspie World guy is interesting, although I think the main thing I picked up from the video is how quaint a Welsh accent sounds when sped up.

There are fun aspects to being a woman, I'm sure, but too many people assume too much.