Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Faster, hepcat, thrill, thrill

I thought I'd try the fast-writing advice at this link. It's not NaNoWriMo (that's November) and I'm not exactly working against deadline. It's just that I'd like to get a lot of ideas out there without too much fuss. Managed to get 1,600 words down, or thereabouts. Maybe more progress as things go on.

I didn't have to turn down the contrast on my monitor or remove any keys, luckily. It does sometimes help to wear sunglasses.

'Course the project is limited by my need for sleep. Oh well.

2 comments:

susan said...

I must admit I didn't quite understand the point of this process when I first read the article at the link you posted. So I went off looking to see if I could find an explanation that would make the concept clear and found this place. It sounds most interesting and, although I'm not a writer, I can see how I could incorporate the practice on those slow drawing days. Good luck with your project.

Ben said...

That's basically the size of it. The weight of trying to create something perfect can keep you from creating anything at all. The project, such as it is, is mainly just to get beyond that and do stuff.

I'm very glad the drawing is still coming along, given how delightful your art is.