Sunday, January 4, 2015

Saturday/Sunday Random Ten. Don't ask. Too late, I'm already telling you

Last night when I got home the cursor on my laptop went all kerplooey so I couldn't move it, and when I did manage to move it it went in random directions. Which I hoped it would be over this by the time I finished watching that first Sherlock episode on a DVD I borrowed from the library, but it wasn't. Also, doing a system restore didn't seem to accomplish anything. So this morning I took it to Staples to see what they made of it. The cursor worked perfectly, although some things showed up on a malware scan. So it's working again, knock on wood, until it doesn't.

These are songs I heard yesterday.


1. Tom Waits - Somewhere
2. Lou Rawls - Groovy People
3. Tito Puente - China
4. Dave Van Ronk - A Shantyman's Life
5. Diana Krall - The Best Thing for You
6. Camper Van Beethoven - Northern California Girls
7. Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Night Rally
8. Fleetwood Mac - Storms
9. St. Vincent - Birth in Reverse
10. Gogol Bordello - Not a Crime

2 comments:

susan said...

I hope by the time you read this that your computer's function has been restored. It's pretty hard to get by without one these days.

Did you enjoy Sherlock? We liked the first season (3-4 episodes?) a lot but then our interest tailed off.

It's a good weekend 10 - and, oddly enough, I'm familiar with almost all the artists this time. Tom Waits, Lou Rawls, and Tito Puente make quite an entertaining combination.

It was great talking to you and I promise we'll do it more often.

Ben said...

Well, as you know, things went a different way. There's probably a way to get along without one, but that would take some resources as well.

Of the first season I really liked the first and last episodes. The second one kind of lost me but it might be I just started watching when I was too sleepy. But Benedict Cumberbatch is a memorable Holmes.

Might get back into FR 10s soon. There've been a couple of obstacles.

I'd love to talk more. It's great to hearyou