Saturday, January 18, 2014

Midwinter Saturday Random Ten

It got to a point where I had to replace the winter coat I'd had for a few years. When the snap fasteners start to fall off, that's a sign.  So I picked up a new (to me) one today.  Lots of pockets, which is nice.

While I was writing - largely editing - in Starbucks I met a friend.  He still recognized me.


1. Scissor Sisters - Lovers in the Backseat
2. Lambert, Hendricks, and Ross - Mr. P.C.
3. Beck - Girl
4. Radiohead - Packt Like Sardines In a Crushd Tin Box
5. Morphine - Buena
6. Joni Mitchell - Hejira
7. Mose Allison - Swinging Machine
8. Any Winehouse - Amy, Amy, Amy
9. Ladytron - Sugar
10. Fiery Furnaces - Cut the Cake

2 comments:

susan said...

Nothing like a new coat (especially one that fastens) to keep you warm on a cold winter's day.

I had to buy a new one after our first winter here for the simple reason my raincoat hadn't worked too well :)

This week's FR10 (okay, SR10) isn't completely familiar to me, but I can well imagine the segue between the Joni Mitchell and Mose Allison songs. Nice.

Ben said...

Ah yes, a raincoat. Handy anywhere at times, but in Oregon quite a lot of the time. But no substitute for a winter coat when the weather gets all polar vortex-y.

The Mose Allison song is from a live recording. His between-song bits of patter are brief but fun. Definitely southern sounding.