Friday, September 16, 2011

And just to go nuts, let's have us a Friday Random Ten, too

Over the past couple of days I've been re-reading Jonathan Lethem's Amnesia Moon. Man, that book throws some wild ideas at you, and a lot of them. Then the next chapter starts.

Haven'had one of these in a couple weeks.

1. Arcade Fire--Crown of love
2. Tom Waits--On the Nickel
3. Grizzly Bear--On a Neck, On a Spit
4. John Lee Hooker--Drifting From Door to Door
5. Teh Veldt--Dusty Blood
6. Neko Case--Bought and Sold
7. Fol Chen--If Tuesday Comes
8. Wes Montgomery--God Bless the Child
9. Elvis Costello--Hurry Down Doomsday (The Bugs Are Taking Over)
10. The Dave Clark Five--Bits and Pieces

2 comments:

susan said...

The only book of his I read and really enjoyed was 'Motherless Brooklyn'. I'd sometimes stop in Powell's to read the first few pages of others and then usually decided on something else instead.

It's nice to see the FR10 back when it belongs. I'd completely forgotten about Bits and Pieces.

Ben said...

It's a matter of taste. I loved "Motherless Brooklyn" but I also enjoyed this and "Gun, With Occasional Music."

Dave Clark Five seem to me to be a band held back from greatness by lack of really good songs. If they'd had a songwriter on the level of Pete Townshend or Ray Davies, they'd have been unstoppable. That said, "Bits and Pieces" is everything you could want it to be.