Monday, December 18, 2023

The works

Quite a day. Part of a day, part of a night?

It rained for about 24 hours, by my estimate. Now when it started yesterday afternoon it was just spitting. By the time I went to bed the rain had gotten a lot heavier.  Like curtains of rain.

But at some point the wind kicked in, and wow. Nothing like walking down the street and seeing that not only are Stop signs lying on their side, but so are some realtor's signs from the front lines of homes. Those always seem indestructible, so it's pretty freaky.

2 comments:

susan said...

I sure hope you were indoors throughout the deluge.. a faint hope, eh? Right after mentioning the rain you tell us you walked down the street surrounded by flying Stop signs etc. May the tempest wend its way back to sea where it can do no harm.

The other night Jer aked me to send you a video link to Resident Evil vii where Ethan finds multiple video cassettes. Unfortunately the link was broken so I'm sending a replacement..

Ben said...

I wasn't out at the height of it. As I recall there's some kind of errand I had to do, and picked a relative time of calm to do it. Quite a sight, certainly. In fact I sometimes think that "hurricane" is an arbitrary designation, since official hurricanes aren't always when you see the most destruction.

Oh yeah, I'd figured out how to find the video before. I give the game full credit for being weird and creepy, in a good way.