Saturday, December 16, 2023

SAQ

During the general Advent season it's always been the tradition for the Salvation Army to post people outside big stores like Stop & Shop to make collections. And I think I remember seeing one this year in late November or early December. Other than that they haven't been around. 

Now I'm not a member of the SA, although I have relatives who are or have been. My relationship to the sect has basically just been buying secondhand clothes. But the collectors seemed pretty wholesome. Wonder what happened to them.

2 comments:

susan said...

Funny you should mention that since I've noticed, but not really paid attention to, the same thing around here. If I were to guess I'd imagine it's for much the same reason that beggars don't collect much money any more - people rarely carry cash.

From Jer:
re: resident evil vii
over the course of the game, ethan (you) finds video cassettes. this is a collection of them all. enjoy! (or not):

Ben said...

Good point about fewer people carrying cash now. I see a lot of people in stores and cafes paying with credit cards or--with increasing frequency--phone apps. It doesn't always hit home with me that this is the only way they're prepared to pay for anything.

I don't think the link you sent for the Resident Evil tapes works on this side of the border. No matter, I found the same video on YouTube. The game seems to make really creepy use of rotting wood. Also Pete is enjoyably weaselly.