Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Make it stop

 The laundromat I usually go to has a tendency to play awful daytime talk shows when I do the wash there. Not real edifying, but it doesn't affect me all that bad.

But they close relatively early, and have been closing even earlier during the quarantine. And I've been working the past couple of weeks, which is mostly good.

The thing is, I've had to go to a different laundromat the last two times I've done laundry. And this one has been playing the evening news. NBC I think. And please, give me the talk shows back. Those insult my intelligence in a less horrifying way.

2 comments:

susan said...

You have my total unqualified sympathy when it comes to unwanted tv interference. It does so happen that there is a device or two on the market that can solve the problem.

Ben said...

Interesting product. I don't know how the business would feel about me turning off one of their TV sets remotely, but it's fun to think about.