Thursday, May 17, 2018

Thoughts (and thank you, Susan)

I've done a few things today. One is just to think. Or to meditate, you might say, although there's been no lotus position nor especially deep breathing. But yeah, I've had reason to think about where I'm at and what I'm doing.

Tonight, coming home, I passed a police car with its light flashing. Behind the squad car was a smallish SUV. The front bumper was a little mangled, and there may have been some other damage I couldn't see. I could have sworn I caught a cannabis smell from the vehicle.

Well, if so, I can only wish the guy good luck.

2 comments:

susan said...

The original intent of meditation practice is to think and only later to learn to watch the thoughts turn into emptiness. The teaching is that unless false appearances are seen through, they will continue to deceive.

As I understand it marijuana is legal in RI with a prescription. Hopefully, the guy has one. Accidents, on the other hand, are definitely frowned upon. We just got notified that although recreational cannabis is legal in Canada our building won't allow it. Considering the lack of ventilation in our halls and lobby there's be a number of stoned old ladies heading to the laundry room.

You are welcome, btw. Hopefully our gift arrived in good time. We'll call soon.
❤️

Ben said...

More to say on the gifts soon.

I like my thoughts. Well, a good number of them. It's possible I should be less attached to the thoughts themselves and more about thinking. Just a thought. :)

It's pretty much impossible to tell by looking who has a prescription for marijuana and who doesn't. As you say, it will be better for him if he has one. On the other hand driving while intoxicated on anything is an offense. I imagine the young man would need a good lawyer.