Monday, May 7, 2018

Piping up

Plumbing is one of those invisible conveniences. As a matter of perception, anyway. When all is going right we tend to overlook it. When something goes wrong it balloons in perceived importance.

Another thing about it is that it's very easy to think you've pinpointed the problem, when really it's something entirely different. But the actual problem is just as simple as the one you think you figured out.

Ah well, everything is resolved now. And boy do I feel lucky!

2 comments:

susan said...

Having drains that won't drain and associated problems can indeed be an aggravating inconvenience. It's not like you can knock on somebody's door and use theirs. Anyhow, I'm glad to hear your problems in that regard have been relieved. Remember these words of wisdom - never flush your socks.

Ben said...

Aggravating for the time it occurred, yes. I regard it as a learning experience, though. Know a little bit more about the world around me.

Not flushing your socks sounds like good advice. Have I heard it before? Somehow I've managed to avoid flushing them.