Sunday, May 27, 2018

There is no bottom

I have a friend who took out his phone tonight and showed me the sign featured in this article. Well, I'm not too proud to say that I laughed. Thought I'd look it up when I got home. Something did tell me that the image was too good to be true. I mean, there has to be a lot of sets of eyes on a sign that prominent, people who review the text before it's made permanent. And lo, it turns out to be a hoax.

Not sure I'll tell my friend it's a fake, though. I mean, there are a lot of hoaxes going on out there, and most of them aren't as harmless as this one.

2 comments:

susan said...

It's equally as hard trying to imagine why 25 million people would be interested in visiting Kansas City at all. What on earth could be the attraction?

Nevertheless, it's better tourists go there than some of the more vulnerable old cities and beauty spots. Pictures of cruise ships in the Grand Canal of Venice are pretty disturbing.

Ben said...

I guess if you're into musical history, or just history in general, the birthplaces of Big Joe Turner and Lester Young would be of interest. Sure there must be memorials. Also the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art looks nice. It's got a giant shuttlecock on the lawn.

The Grand Canal wasn't meant to accommodate boats that big. Most of these places are good destinations, they're just not being managed intelligently.