Sunday, April 29, 2018

...and the agony of the feet

I kicked the radiator earlier today. Not out of frustration or anything. I just didn't stop myself in time while walking. I checked a few times today to see if anything was broken. By all signs I can read, nothing is, but it did hurt like a bitch.

But here's the thing. The pain's subsided a lot. I figure after a few hours' sleep it will be mostly gone, although I think there's a bruise. The cliche about your body wanting to get better does seem to be true. Given time, you usually recover.

2 comments:

susan said...

Toe stubbing is the worst, even worse than knee knocking or shin scraping. The good news is as you say, we usually recover - just more slowly the older we get.

A favourite thing was to sit outside Andrea's and count how many out of towners were tripped by a particular crack in the sidewalk.

Ben said...

It's too bad, albeit natural, that recovery takes longer when you get older. At least, though, the feeling of relief is the same.

I'm wondering if the crack you're talking about is still there. Andrea's is still in the same location, despite a lot of turnover in the other Thayer businesses. Some Providence streets haven't really been repaved in decades, though.