Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Unwieldy

I came home tonight to see an absolutely massive FedEx package at the side entrance of the building, the one most of us tenants use. I looked at the label and saw it was for my downstairs neighbor. So maybe I could get it out of everyone's way, I figured, so I grabbed it with the intent of carrying it the very short distance to her apartment door. No can do. Not only did it weigh as much as two of me, but it was weirdly distributed bulk that made it hard to get a hold of. Which I still could have done, but she's an artist and I didn't want to risk damaging any kind of wacky equipment she might have ordered. When I came home again it had been cleared away. Maybe she had help.

2 comments:

susan said...

Nice try at being a good neighbor but, wisdom being the better part of valor, you made a good decision in not trying to carry (or drag) it to her door.

When Alan and Maureen came to live in our fourth floor loft (stairs only) they brought a full sixe potter's kick wheel with them. A month or so later we all moved to Vancouver and left the wheel for its new owner to carry back down.

You never know what people might buy online these days - or what the delivery services will drop off at your door.

Ben said...

Yeah, I figured she had it covered. She's willowy but that doesn't always preclude strength, plus she's got friends who can help under her direction.

Yeah, to transport a pottery wheel along with you, you really need to be planning some pottery. I mean, Alan and Maureen didn't opt to bring it with them, so...

Some things you probably should buy in person, just to see what kind of shape they're in.