Thursday, August 6, 2015

The thrill of the hunt

Earlier this evening I was on the street - or, as we call it in the hood, "the sidewalk" - and a couple of young folk approached me. Don't know if they're in college. Taking summer classes maybe? Or just hanging out. At any rate, the young lady asked me if I had a business card. I replied that sadly, I did not.

Then I found out that they were on a scavenger hunt. It occurred to me that I probably did have some. In fact in my wallet I had the card from an exterminating business whose services I never wound up using. So they - the scavenger hunters - were happy and I was glad to help them.

Never assume, I guess.

1 comment:

susan said...

It's pretty cool to know young people still go on scavenger hunts. Who would ave guessed? Glad you were able to help them out.