Yesterday was the last day for one of the psychiatrists where I work. I didn't know her all that well. The shrinks tend to be with patients for most of the time they're in the office, so you don't see all that much of them. Nice lady, though. Her farewell party had food, including several kinds of meat. Not sure if any of that added to the drowsy factor.
1. Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Strict Time
2. Fats Domino - It's You I Love
3. The Beastie Boys - Shazam!
4. Neco Case - Margaret Vs. Pauline
5. Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - Farmer's Market
6. Beck - Morning
7. Brian Eno - St. Elmo's Fire
8. Morphine - Sheila
9. St. Vincent - Digital Witness*
10. Nat King Cole - That Sunday, That Summer
* So New Wave has become part of our shared cultural heritage, and a lot of young bands and musicians not born at the time tap into it. The artist formerly known as Annie Clark has a fairly unusual twist here, though. The song kind of sounds like Oingo Boingo with Lene Lovich on vocals.