Saturday, June 7, 2014

Beetlemania Friday Random Ten

Tonight I came home and was doing some writing, but not writhing, at least not yet.  A beetle had gotten into my apartment and flew into my hair.  I swatted it away.  A few minutes later the beetle hit my head again.  This time I put on a hat, despitne the heat.  Then I saw the beetle on my dresser/functional desk.  I'm not a violent man, but the bug didn't make it.

1. Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings - Tell Me
2. Elvis Costello & the Attractions (with Glenn Tilbrook) - From a Whisper to a Scream
3. Brian Eno - In Dark Trees
4. Cannonball Adderley - Teaneck
5. The Squirrel Nut Zippers - Hell
6. Fats Domino - My Girl Josephine
7. St. Vincent - Bring Me Your Loves
8. The Beastie Boys - Oh Word?
9. The Dirty Projectors - Fluorescent Half Dome
10. Lou Rawls - Your Good Thing (Is About to End)

1 comment:

susan said...

I love the image of you wearing a hat to evade a beetle's attempt at mugging. One evening a week or so ago I tossed half a sandwich trying to whack a gnat. Someone was highly amused.

Nice FR10 here. Yow, Brian Eno, Cannoball Adderly, and the Squirrel Nut Zippers - followed by Fats Domino. You don't find that kind of line-up everywhere.