Sunday, June 22, 2014

Give it up

After being waylaid by some kind of stomach ailment yesterday - either it was dehydration or something I ate really didn't agree with me - I came to the conclusion that throwing up isn't the worst thing in the world.  Waiting to throw up is.  You could call it Vomlet.  The Danish Prince of your stomach can't make up its mind, and until it does you can't go anywhere or do anything because you're trying not to upset it.

So why not take the opposite tack and force things to a head?  I decided that the next time I'd at least want to have the knowledge on how to do so, and I don't like forcing things down my own throat.  So there was this page on the World Wide Web, and one particular item.
7. Watch Someone Else Throw Up
Seeing someone else throw up can often trigger the same response in your body. Though watching someone else throw up can be disgusting, that’s the point – you need to trigger that feeling in order to do it yourself. You can find videos of people throwing up online and use this if necessary. It might not work, but if it does, it will work very quickly.

Can see the practical applications, but making it work seems awkward.  I live alone.  If I had a roommate, even a friendly one, I can't see being comfortable enough to ask him to yak in front of me.  If I had a live-in girlfriend... well, same thing, really.  There are almost certainly websites you can go to, but I'm not sure I want them in my browser history.  So it's probably ipecac or one of the other options for me.

2 comments:

susan said...

I hope that went away as fast as it came on. I quite like the Hamlet allusion.

As far as the solution is concerned, yeah, I'd vote for the ipecac.

Ben said...

Points out a different way the play could have gone, right? Although I remember a throwaway bit from Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl" so they may hbe beaten me to it.

Yeah, something to keep in mind just in case.