Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Division

A few weeks back a couple of friends and I were talking and the subject of comic strips came up.  They both had really fond memories of Bloom County.  Which, nothing against it, but usually seemed to me to be trying too hard.  I didn't say that, but I told them I was a big fan of Calvin and Hobbes.  Man, you could hear crickets chirping.

It could be just that by the time C&H was being published they figured they were too old for kiddie strips, while I wasn't as long as they were really well done.  But I prefer to think the world is divided into Team Penguin and Team Tiger.  That way I know where I stand.

2 comments:

susan said...

I have a feeling Bill Watterson would enjoy your drollery. Here's someone else who's a big fan of Calvin and Hobbes excellence. Go Tigers!

Ben said...

Bill Watterson seems like a really cool guy, if uncomfortable in the limelight. And I love the line about nigth time being when you can imagine your fears with less distraction.