Monday, December 3, 2012

The fine print

Yesterday I was grocery shopping.  We're getting into the cold months, but I have indoor heat.  So I figure I might pick up a carton of ice cream.  Friendly's - a brand of ice cream associated with a restaurant - was on sale.  I was pondering which flavor to get, and then I took a closer look.  In the space on the box where they describe the flavors, all said they were "frozen dairy product."  They can't even commit to the term "ice cream."

Don't know about anyone else, but I found this off-putting.  It's like those urban legends about how KFC can't use the word "chicken" anymore.

2 comments:

susan said...

Sounds like a cow never even walked past the factory. It was a long time ago that Kraft was forced to call its product cheese food.

Ben said...

Oh yes, Kraft. If you're lucky, eating one of their slices will make you think about cheese you once had, distant as it is now.