A little context: A few nights ago I was drifting off to sleep, a little late. All of a sudden I heard something shifting, not far away. Some kind of animal. It made contact with something, and the noises sounded so close that I wasn't sure it wasn't inside my apartment. The upshot was I got even less sleep that night than I thought I would.
Same thing happened a couple of nights later, only this time I was already asleep. And I'm a heavy sleeper, but this was too loud and close-sounding for me to sleep through. Another rattled night.
Yesterday I came home and went to the back of the house. As I'd started to suspect, there's a drainpipe back there. Probably some (no longer) woodland creature ran up that, maybe getting into a crawlspace. I also saw a table next to the house. I moved it further away, on the theory it might be giving something a leg up in crawling around those hollow areas.
The noises stopped, whether it was from something I did or maybe somebody else complained to the landlord. (Which was on my mind as well.) Anyway, I wish whatever animal it was well, but somewhere else.
1. Lower Dens - Nova Anthem
2. Sonic Youth - Mariah Carey and the Arthur Doyle Hand Cream
3. Neko Case - I'm an Animal
4. Joni Mitchell - See You Sometime
5. Sun Ra - Space Jazz Reverie
6. Fleetwood Mac - That's All For Everyone
7. Roxy Music - Three and Nine
8. Louis Armstrong and His Hot Five - Basin Street Blues
9. The Bird and the Bee - Lifespan of a Fly
10. Stevie Wonder - You Are the Sunshine of My Life