Thursday, June 9, 2011

How it can all go so wrong

In Dunkin Donuts today (don't judge me) my table was a few yards from a group of older men: fifties/sixties. One talked the most and the loudest. On just two points, really. All politicians should be shot, and kids today are so fuckin' dumb. To his credit, it was someone else who tried illustrating the second point by bringing up Leno's mindnumbing "Jaywalking" feature, but seriously these tirades went on for a good half-hour, and then it was time for me to leave.

Today I had my most vivid understanding of what Pete Townshed meant by "hope I die before I get old."

2 comments:

susan said...

Gee, I don't remember being in a Dunkin Donuts in Providence this week.

:-)

Ben said...

Eh, I wouldn't describe you as a miserable bastard, regardless of what you believe. Didn't sound like your voice, either. :)