Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy St. Joseph's Day Friday Random Ten

How Christ's stepfather came to be associated with canoli is an abiding mystery, at least to me. But I'm willing to roll with it.

1. Stan Kenton & His Orchestra--Peg o' My Heart
2. Les Baxter--Whatever Lola Wants
3. Yo La Tengo--By Two's
4. Elvis Costello & the Attractions--Chemistry Class
5. Radiohead--There There (The Boney King of Nowhere)
6. Isobel Campbell--Thursday's Child + bonus track
7. Grizzly Bear--Southern Point
8. Sly & the Family Stone--Dog
9. The Go-Go's--I'm the Only One
10. XTC--The Somnambulist

2 comments:

susan said...

I miss canoli.

Interesting selection this week in honor of Spring. Les Baxter was very cool.

Ben said...

Hm. I just got that song from a compilation album of lounge music. But I do like what I've heard of him. More exploration may be warranted.