Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Flying colors

This may seem like a weird thing for me to blog about―or not, it's kind of hard to tell from the inside. But I have to express a certain admiration for the Benjamin Moore. They sell paint. A lot of different colors of paint. The site allows you the chance to see what each color looks like on its own, and then in the context of a room. It's quite illustrative.

Granted, the décor of each room is more spare than anyone who isn't a serial-killing stockbroker is likely to keep in their home. But we're talking about Platonic ideals here.

2 comments:

susan said...

I remember when our friends Belle and Brian were preparing their house in Richmond Hill for sale they were advised to paint the entire inside of the place grey and they did. There was an old house here in the neighborhood I loved to pass now and then because it was so pretty - when it went up for sale they repainted the outside grey. Benjamin Moore has some nice paint colors - maybe this is their attempt to battle grey. Hopefully you came across the website by accident then moved on.

I liked your 'serial-killing stockbroker' remark.

Ben said...

Curious about the reasoning behind that advice to Belle and Brian. Grey is compatible with a lot of things, so it could have been to make decorating easier. At first I thought the picture of the house in Victoria said "Lunacy Island Homes" but it turns out to be "luxury." That's a very nice place too. The wrought ironwork in the doorway caught my eye. As far as the website goes I don't remember what possessed me to go there. I basically just look up some random color now and then.

Well, when you think about someone who liked to keep his surroundings spare...