Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Deliverance

Recently my building got a new lock on the door, so we all got new keys to get in. Nice looking key, too. Only problem was, at least initially, the Post Office didn't get a copy of this key. Meaning there was more than a week that we got no mail.

This agitated me, although I didn't put it together at first. I thought it was just me and the PO somehow thought I had moved or died. Eventually I figured it out.

A very nice and savvy neighbor took care of things, so we have service again, hallelujah.

2 comments:

susan said...

Glad to hear it worked out. That sounds very like something our building managers would do. Last year they went through a complicated and messy project installing electronic door openers. Unfortunately, since we have an old style flip phone, it too us an extra week or so to figure out how to open the door for visitors or deliveries. Thank goodness our regular keys still work for us.

Ben said...

Doors that you need a smartphone to open definitely sound like the kind of product you buy after the distributor has taken you out to lunch a few times. It might be a good security idea for a homeowner but I'm not convinced it's a fitting idea for an apartment building. I'm glad you can at least get yourselves in and out with your old keys.