Monday, October 4, 2021

Life's little ironies

It was raining when I took out the trash last night and when I went to bed. It was still raining when I had to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and when I somehow dragged my ass out of bed for real in the morning. It hasn't quite stopped raining yet. 

They're working on the plumbing, though, so none of us in this building have running water right now. Without, yet not within.

Do appreciate the weather system's protestant work ethic, though.

2 comments:

susan said...

It's that time of the year here too - rain. Today we had one of those windstorms strong enough to knock the large plantpots off their stands. Of course the weatherman never predicted that one. They rarely do.

Whenever someone moves out of this building the new management does a major enough renovation that our water gets turned off for hours at a time while they redo pipes. I hope your shutoff didn't last too long.

Ben said...

It's pretty awe-inspiring what a strong wind can do. We forget, sometimes. Weather patterns are more something to observe than to predict, I think. The illusion of control.

You called it. Somebody did move out recently, the girl who lived in the basement apartment. Prospective tenants showed up a few days later, although I think the realtor was confused as to which unit was vacant. Anyway, I went out for a little bit and the water was back on when I came back.