Monday, July 5, 2021

All comes out in the wash

 I have a little cut on my thumb. I got it because there was a little shard of glass embedded in the sole of my shoe. I had to get it out in a hurry because a bus was coming and perhaps foolishly used my bare hands to do so.

This is not to complain. It hurts in a dull way, probably more annoying than anything else. The point I'm making is that I expect the pain to be less when I get up tomorrow morning, and a little less the day after that. Sleep truly is a miracle drug.

2 comments:

susan said...

I'm sorry you had a little accident - some are hard to avoid. Sleep is most definitely a miracle drug as is making sure even a small cut is washed and bandaged. If it does happen to continue to hurt or if it gets swollen you should have it looked at.

Ben said...

The good news is that the cut is so long healed now that I had to re-read the post to see what I was even talking about. I remember now. Kind of a drag that there's so much broken glass in the street, one reason I try to pick up glass bottles if I see them. But yeah, I did wash it and keep it bandaged for a day. Did the trick, along with getting some Z's.