Monday, July 20, 2020

Mercury's up there

Okay, so I messed up looking at Ventusky last night. It turns out that if you don't actually click on your city the service defaults to showing you the weather for Zagreb or someplace like that. Lucky Croats. So the temperature is in the low 90s tonight and probably was last night as well. Ah well, nothing I haven't faced before.

 If nothing else it's a sign to change from red to white if you like having wine at dinner. And there's certainly nothing wrong with a nice chilled pinot grigio.

2 comments:

susan said...

Having Ventusky center on Zagreb is pretty funny and kind of unexpected too. I've had the site bookmarked for so long focused on the East Coast I can't remember if that happened to me the first time I looked. You probably noticed if you hit the 'X' on the upper right you get a full view of the map. It's a nice tool if you want to see storms approaching or to check out wind speeds etc.

I feel bad it's so hot there. It got to be nearly 80 here today but the evening has cooled off a lot and it's breezy again. Maybe you should get another fan.. or maybe that glass of white will do the trick.

Ben said...

Yeah, it's weird on the surface. For all I know the company could be based in the Balkans, which would be some kind of explanation. It turns out to be a handy tool anyway, though. The storm part especially.

Down here every summer has a heatwave or two. At least it has in recent years. White wine is refreshing, and a lot of the bottles are twist-tops, so there's no chance of you corking the wine. Although I've managed to avoid that with reds in the recent past, too. The heat encourages me to drink more water as well. That's an indirect good effect.