Saturday, December 5, 2020

Day of cold drizzle

 I got a ride today from one of my former neighbors. She just happened to be in the neighborhood, doing some errands (for other people) and saw me out in the rain. So yes, she did a nice thing.

It was kind of rainy at the time, something that started yesterday afternoon and would continue until after sundown today. Although eventually the temperature would drop so low that we'd be getting sleet, then snow. For which reason I made my grocery shopping trip later on in East Providence instead of the place closer by, but at the base of a hill with lots of potholes and puddles.

Snow doesn't seem to have stuck. Pretty sure we'll have ice tomorrow, though.

2 comments:

susan said...

That was nice of your former neighbor. Sometimes the best kind of kindness appears unexpectedly with a smile and an offer of assistance.

I'll hope the ice and worst of the cold stays away as long as possible.

Ben said...

She's a sweetheart. I've talked to you about her and her then-significant other and how their residency ended. That was a shame.

Well, we've got what we've got. There's a lot of snow on the ground now. Might mean that it gets less cold out.