Thursday, April 7, 2016

Splitter

Just fell victim to a headache that came dramatically out of nowhere. Now subsiding, it has me thanking God and Man for the beneficence of ibuprofen. Still managed to get a little scribbling done. Knew what I wanted to write, basically.

By-the-by, if I ever skip over your comments and reply to other comments that came after, the odds are that I just need more time to process, respond, etc. Unless you're a spammer, in which case you're blissfully unconcerned with matters of blog etiquette.

2 comments:

susan said...

How exactly analgesics know where the pain is remains a mystery to me. That they work when needed is close to miraculous.

We kind of figured that's what happens when we come back to read your responses. Spammers, on the other hand, deserve no better than having their material deleted.

Ben said...

Once I notice a headache it seems to get worse until I take something. That leaves open the possibility of a placebo effect, but I doubt that's the whole story. (If it is maybe CVS can just sell sugar pills and call them ibuprofen.)

In truth it's been a while since I've gotten a spammer. Not looking forward to them coming back.