Sunday, March 29, 2015

You send me

It snowed Saturday. Weirdest thing. Not enough of it to sled on, which is a shame in a way. But enough to make for some white lawns come Sunday morning.

I sent out a query tonight to place a nonfiction piece I've done. It's not a big thing but I think I did a fair job on it, so I'm hoping.

Also getting ready to submit one of my short stories again. I need to send a little something vis-a-vis summary/self-hyping with it, so I'm trying to come up with something good and not too long. Actually that and a couple of other fiction manuscripts I thought I'd lost, because I'd either lost or seriously misplaced the thumb driver they were on. Luckily I was able to retrieve them because they still existed as attachments on outgoing emails. So it's a good thing to submit manuscripts by email, when you can.

2 comments:

susan said...

It snowed here on Saturday too - 6-8 inches worth, just enough to add a thick coating to the tall icebanks that had appeared to be melting. At least it looks cleaner.

It's good to know you're submitting your work to publishers. I hope you get some good news.

Emailed copies of stuff can be very handy indeed.

Ben said...

I can see how a fresh coating might make things more pleasing to the eye. Less slushy at least. Of course things have changed in the past few days. Now we just have a few mounds here and there (for when you don't feel like a nut).

There was a story I sent out to a publication I love and they kept it for a long time, finally sent it back but the editor said nice things about it, so I hope to try them again.