Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Sizzling slab of no

Not too long ago I was in a grocery and saw a line of gourmet chocolate bars. One of them was made with bacon. Apparently this is something that's been going on for a while now.

Gotta say, I don't really approve. My disapproval isn't moral. I'm not Jewish, Muslim, or vegetarian. Nor is it health related. At the end of the day I don't care how much anyone weighs. No, I have an aesthetic problem. Bacon isn't dessert. It's crispy meat with salt cooked in. Soaking up a little maple syrup from your French toast should be as close to sweet as it gets.

2 comments:

susan said...

Oh Yuck! Bacon cupcakes and bacon ice cream as well? I have to agree with you the whole idea is just wrong. I've seen hot pepper chocolate bars too - more bad culinary decisions.

Ben said...

Yeah, I've seen those hot pepper candy bars as well. It opens up a whole can of worms - hopefully not literal. When you eat hot pepper you need a chaser that will absorb the burn. Chocolate is not that thing.