1. The Bonzo Dog Band--Piggy Bank Love
2. Macy Gray--Relating to a Psychopath
3. Taj Mahal--She Caught the Katy and Left Me a Mule to Ride
4. The Beatles--The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
5. The Go Go's--Mercenary
6. Nellie McKay--Lali Est Paresseux
7. Martha & the Vandellas--(Love is Like a) Heat Wave
8. Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention--Flower Punk
9. The Sonics--Strychnine
10. Gnarls Barkley--Crazy
"Piggy Bank Love" is like, the second song I heard this morning. As soon as it started playing I knew it would make the cut. The mixture of the brass and the voice and the self-parodyingly silly love song. While Viv Stanshall and Roger Ruskin Spear were both good songwriters, and Stanshall (RiP) was the best singer, the two of them also anchored a hell of a horn section.
Well, that's my amateur two cents anyway.
Update:Forgot to mention that Saturday is Taj Mahal's birthday. Or Henry Saint Clair Fredericks, as he came into this world.
Also, hell, why not make this a video post.
This concert footage was shot in the Netherlands. My guess is that Macy enjoyed all that Amsterdam has to offer, if you catch my drift.