Thursday, January 3, 2008

Expulsion

Brief post before I go off to beddy-bye.

I borrowed a VHS tape from the library recently. To be specific, it was Polanski's Repulsion, in which Catherine Deneuve does some fine walking wounded. Anyway, after I was done watching, I ff'd/rewound and tried to eject. No can do.

I attempted to eject the tape several times after that, each time failing. In fact, the tape would peek out partially, then sink back in and start playing again. I turned the VCR off and kept it off for several days while trying to figure this thing out.

What I finally did tonight was to hit "Eject" again and unplug the machine while the slot was open. Again, the tape was partly out, so I gently pried it the rest of the way with my fingers. It's not totally 100% rewound at this point, but it will have to do.

This has been another exciting adventure...

2 comments:

susan said...

Yeah, sometimes you just have to get physical with the damn things. Did I ever tell you about the time I couldn't get the bread out of the toaster? After I got my hair to lie down flat again I promised myself I'd unplug it before sticking the fork in next time :-0

Ben said...

Oh wow. Did you explain to everyone that it wasn't a wave of punk nostalgia washing over you?