Sunday, August 7, 2022

Just add...

Seasonal water intake is interesting. Probably most of us drink a little more during the summer. There's also the matter of at which temperature you drink it. It would be an exaggeration to say that I'll just let an ice cube melt in my throat, but I do tend during these dog days to drink it straight out of the fridge.

During the winter, by contrast, I can make a glass last for a couple of hours. There was a winter when I forewent putting my water pitcher in the fridge at all, but that turned out to be a bad idea.

2 comments:

susan said...

We drink refrigerated water with dinner. I don't think we used to but habits change as we get older - like having water next to the bed. I told you about the trick of putting a plastic bottle half full of water in the freezer and then topping it up before we go for any long walk when the weather's hot. Like you, we drink more water in summer than winter but there's always tea as well, in our case, orange pekoe, green, lemon-ginger, and fruit tea. We both like green tea but the others are a matter of personal taste.

Ben said...

Putting the water in the freezer (for a while, not so long that it will turn into a block of ice) does sound like a pretty neat idea. I tend to drink before I go out and after I come back, but if I do feel the need to bring water with me I'll think of that one. Tea is bracing in the right circumstances. There certainly are a number of varieties and flavors. Mint and cranberry are nice variants.