Thursday, November 18, 2021

Blog post that will inevitably be read at my treason trial

Man I just hope there's not another Civil War while I'm around. Because I'd be expected to fight for what will be considered the Union side. Okay, at this point it's more like I'd be expected to root for the Union side. And I just can't see myself working up any enthusiasm for that. Like the land and the climate. Fond of a lot of the people. The regime and its ethos, not so much. 

Anyway, by all means give peace a chance.

2 comments:

susan said...

It's occurred to me more than once there's nothing at all civil about Civil War. Let's keep hoping the current craziness reached its peak and things will continue to cool down. Hysteria can only last so long before people get bored and look for more enjoyable and mutually supportive entertainments.

I came across a video you may like too - it's called Bonhoeffer‘s Theory of Stupidity. It seems to fit a trend we've been witnessing.

Ben said...

We have what seem to be the ideal circumstances for spreading hysteria. Part of this is the technology. Anyway, I do hope we get beyond this soon.

Nice little film on Dietrich Bonhoeffer, whom I don't know as well as I probably should. In truth Germany at the time had its share of malice too, but stupidity certainly did its work. I know the feeling of talking to someone who's all slogan.