Friday, June 11, 2021

Faintly

 Bear with me, I seem to have reset the password on this blog. Complications from having multiple Google accounts.

Anyway, just a little bit ago I put on a record. Jazz instrumentals, Gerry Mulligan was involved. It was a bit late and I didn't want to disturb the neighbors, so I set the volume low. It turned out to be even lower than I expected. Audible, but very faint.

An interesting effect actually. While I was hearing the music, it felt more like I was remembering it. Although this would have been an eerily detailed and accurate memory.

2 comments:

susan said...

I'm happy to see you've overcome the password problem. I can't recall having done that with my blog but I've definitely forgotten passwords to websites I visit where I've wanted to make a comment. The especially annoying one was having forgotten my wordpress password I wasn't allowed to make a new one because the system recognized my IP address and insisted on the correct password. Ah, technology making the electronic world simpler for us all.

When I read your remark about lowering the volume of that Gerry Mulligan album to such a low level it felt like you were remembering it rather than hearing my first thought was 'music whispering like the ghost of Hamlet's father'.

On the subject of noisy neighbors how'd you like to live next door to this pair?

Ben said...

Yeah, I had just been under a misconception about what you had to do when you had different Google/Gmail sub-accounts. So now I think I've changed the password twice. And remembering it isn't automatic, but it's becoming quicker. As for Wordpress, it's more than a little silly for them to freeze you out instead of letting you change your password. In fact I comment at at least one Wordpress blog and don't think I've even made up a password.

Luckily the trumpeter wasn't asking me to assassinate the king or anything. Which is good, because it's not really in my skill set.

The guy and his parrot are charming. There was a metal band called Hatebeak who actually had a parrot as their lead singer. They never toured, for obvious reasons.