Sunday, February 21, 2021

On second look

 Okay, so the past couple of days I've had a problem with Word. The vertical scroll bar seemed to have disappeared. Sounds maybe like a small annoyance, but makes it very difficult to work. And it was frustrating because I checked and double-checked my settings. The bar very definitely should have been there.

I was wondering if I'd have to do something like do an online repair, or more drastically to reinstall Microsoft Office. Then I noticed that the red X in the corner that you click on wasn't quite all showing either. It turned out that the scroll bar was still there, I just had the window misaligned so that the rightward edge wasn't showing.

Ruefully I recall that this is what IT workers call an ID10T problem.

2 comments:

susan said...

Mistakes seem to be a fairly common experience. Ask anybody
who forgot where they parked their at the mall.

I think our subconscious likes to play tricks on us now
and then just to remind us it's still there.

Ben said...

I find it hard to tell one car from another, aside from broad things like color. Cars these days tend to be so interchangeable even the owners can't tell.

Your subconscious does make life more interesting.