Sunday, August 18, 2019

FADE IN:

Last night I spent some time reading and critiquing a screenplay. It's not really a regular activity for me. But I am in an informal writer's workshop. Another member has an idea for an animated TV series. While I'm a little more comfortable talking about fiction, he'd shared something in scenario format before, so I had a little more idea of how to proceed.

As to what this script was about, I shouldn't say because it's not mine and it's still in the pipeline. It has potential, though.

2 comments:

susan said...


Since you're pretty non-committal about what you've read there isn't much room for a response, other than I think it's good you're still involved with the writer's workshop.

One thing I did want to tell you, though, was about John Lennon appearing at the Rock and Roll Revival show. Most everybody had been excited he'd be at the concert and there was a general longing that we might see the Beatles reunited. Instead, we got the Plastic Ono Band. I don't know if you've ever heard Yoko Ono sing, but it wasn't pretty.

Ben said...

Well if the guy ever does manage to bring his project to the light of day, I don't want to spoil it for him or even give much info to what it's about. Not that I'm hugely influential, but better safe than sorry. The group is good. It's supportive and illuminating more often than not.

Well, I mean, the Beatles reunion just wasn't going to happen. Certainly not then. Because of what Yoko was up to then, artistically speaking, I can see the concert as being something of an endurance test. Funny in retrospect, though.