Friday, December 28, 2018

Lost in the weeds

Looking at my neighborhood. Well, not so much the street I live on, but the extended area. The streets between here and the supermarket. I notice among the litter, there are these black plastic envelopes. The envelopes originally held medicinal marijuana, as you can tell by reading them.

Now it's true that there are oodles of liquor bottles on the sidewalks and in the streets too. Not like any particular substance has a monopoly on litter. It's just that you think of potheads as being one-with-the-earth types. Let's hear it for busting stereotypes, I guess.

2 comments:

susan said...

Not that we don't see any but it seems to me that we haven't see nearly as much litter here as you've described. I have to wonder if the people who drop stuff on the ground think they have another planet to go home to. You'd think potheads would be a bit more sensitive to their surroundings than drunks.

Ben said...

In Canada it may be different. Whether this is a matter of more comprehensive litter pickup or just people taking more pride in the land they walk on I don't know. I do like your question about another planet to live on. That's quite a ways in the future, if it ever comes.