Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Bar and button

My clock radio has a snooze bar and a sleep button. You know how these things work. Snooze means you get another few minutes of peace. Sleep means you turn the whole thing off until the next day.

So yes, sleep goes with button because it's just a little round thing, and the snooze bar is a long rectangle. Now I've had experiences when I've been woken up by the sounds of the radio and hit the sleep button, meaning that I didn't really wake up until well after I meant to. Anyway, now while I'm going to sleep I repeat to myself "bar, bar, bar," in order to remind morning me which one to press.

Could there be a danger of waking up and having the urge to hit a bar and get blotto? Maybe, but the bars around here aren't open that early. This city isn't that classy.

2 comments:

susan said...

Maybe you should get yourself one of those automatic drip machines and wake up to the smell of fresh coffee every morning. It might not be like having a barista drop by but it could be preferable to having to choose between the bar and the button.

Ben said...

I'm sure that this automatic drip machine you speak of actually exists, but I'm picturing something Rube Goldberg or Dr. Seuss would have drawn. A percolator hooked up to a cuckoo clock or something like that.

As for having a barista drop by in the morning, that will have to remain a dark, forbidden dream.