Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Ceremony

Graduation ceremony earlier in the evening for my...what would you call it? Training program, I guess. It was nice to see my fellow students, probably the last time we'll all be together. Well, will keep getting together for a while for accounting classes, so the handful of us in that program will in theory be around for a while.

Since I was the first to get certified in Word and Excel they had me say a few words. That was kind of a thrill if a nervous one.

Also some good food on hand. Buffalo chicken on pizza works better than you'd think.

2 comments:

susan said...

Many congratulations! That's very good news and an excellent accomplishment that we hope will bring you success.

I know what you mean about the discomfort of speaking in public. I'm sure you did far better than this most awkward example we've ever seen.

It's been a while since we had a pizza with anything on it.

Ben said...

At the very least it's been a good opportunity to figure out who I am, what I could be good at. I think things are looking up now.

Yes, that's a pretty painfully awkward example of public speaking. The fact that David isn't the top dog in the room might be throwing him off, or at least preventing the others from giving him polite laughter. Except Gareth, of course.

Zen garden pizza, what a concept.