Thursday, August 9, 2018

The key to comedy is

Not too long ago I woke up and saw that my clock radio said that it was 12 noon. Not that it was actually twelve noon, but somehow

Timing!

the time on the clock was way ahead of what it should have been. Like, I normally keep it running a little fast anyway, but not several hours fast. How this happened is something of a mystery. If it had lost power one way or another then I would think the display time would be slow, not fast. Did I get up in the middle of the night and work mischief against myself? Actually that would explain a lot.

Anyway, I've fixed it since then. The date is way off, but always has been and it doesn't seem to affect anything.

2 comments:

susan said...

It sounds to me as if power outages are very rare in Providence. Even the most brief loss of electricity here makes our clock radio revert to midnight and that doesn't change until it's reset. That may well have been what happened to yours.

Then again, there does seem to be a part of ourselves that likes to play the trickster.

Ben said...

Big power outages are rare. I've told you about the last one that happened. That was a wild scene, looking at blocks and blocks with no lights at all. But there could have been a brief interruption, caused by whatever.

Part of us likes to play the trickster and it gets so few chances, at least in our conscious lives.