Wednesday, August 15, 2018

August heat

Feels much warmer inside than it did when I walked home tonight. Maybe it's just one of those things. This will go down as a weird summer.

Been watching the first season of Mr. Robot. Some parts are missing because of library DVD issues, but what's come through is interesting. It's kind of funny. The hero is a mess: a compulsive drug user and general misfit who hallucinates the TV audience. But the main villain, however slick he seems at first, always manages to be even more of a mess. You just can't get good evil help these days. 

Of course the revelation of who the title character is doesn't surprise. I can't imagine it's supposed to. They telegraph that punch every chance they get. Still feels absolutely right for Christian Slater, though.

2 comments:

susan said...

The weather we've experienced here so far has been just right - warm but not too much so and clear skies.

I was a bit curious about Mr. Robot but it's a series we haven't attempted to watch yet. You do make it sound kind of interesting. I like Christian Slater.

Ben said...

I've seen the pictures you've sent from Victoria. It looks like a nice clime. I mean, definitely some happy plants there.

Looking Slater up on the web I see he's done a lot more stage work than I thought. Well known American actors tend not to be as big on that as the Brits. Anyway, he's not the only good cast member but it's a great use of him.