Monday, December 25, 2017

Navidad update


So, had Christmas dinner at the house of a couple of friends. It was them, their kids, another friend who I'd met, and his wife who I hadn't. With a father/grandfather and his girlfriend showing up later.

The male half of the couple would usually be the one to drive me home, but he had done some drinking - as had I - and the roads were a bit icy. Thus the lady drove me. Which was nice. It was a different kind of conversation I had with her than I guess I would have had with him.

Anyway, Happy Hollandaise!

2 comments:

susan said...

It was lovely to hear one of my favorite Christmas songs when I came by to visit. It's a rare enough piece and very beautiful.

I'm glad to know you got to spend Christmas Day with your friends and that you enjoyed a good time in good company. I'm sure the drive home was interesting too.

Happy Holidays to you too.

Ben said...

Yeah, that song has kind of a hypnotic effect. Or maybe "soothing" is the word I'm looking for. Maybe.

Yeah, it's nice to have friends to spend time with on a day like that. Especially since there's little else to do, and being left alone with your thoughts is iffy. These are good people, too.

Merci.